Thursday, April 13, 2006

Taman Negara, Malaysia






hi from the most amazing rainforest !!

I am in Taman Negara, a 130 million year jungle in the centre of peninsular Malaysia. We got here on several minibuses all the way from the Perenthian Islands. I met californian guy from San Francisco called Paul and we did the trip together. I am staying in the crappiest accomodation from my trip so far, but this is my lower limit, 25 RM per night on a mini chalet. Anyway, last night we did a jungle walk (we didn't see much though) and today we've done a walk through a cave, crawling along the wet floor and touching bat poo from the little buggers that were 10cm above us !! pretty cool !! and saw two snakes eating bats !! awesome !! then we walked along the longest canopy walk in the world, climbed 500m to a stunning view and walked 8km to a place where we swam in the river !! not bad, but pretty exhausted now !! I think I've done everything I wanted to do here, so off tomorrow to KL to fix some plane tickets and wash my clothes !!

O.

-----------------------

hola desde el Taman Negara !!

es una jungla que tiene mas de 130 millones de anyos !! es alucinante !! despues de un viaje de todo el dia desde las islas Perenthian, llegamos un tio californiano y yo que se llama Paul a el pueblo que esta justo delante del Taman Negara. Estoy en el sitio mas chamizo que he estado hasta ahora ... creo que me dare un lujazo en KL... pfffff. Bueno, ayer hicimos un night safari, pero no vimos muchos animales, solo algun wildcat. Hoy hemos ido a una cueva donde habia que arrastrarse entre cagadas de murcielagos que estaban colgados literalmente 10cm encima nuestro !! vaya tela !! alucinante. Luego hemos caminado por los puentes colgantes mas largos del mundo, hemos subido una cima preciosa y luego nos hemos banyado en el rio. Un dia estupendo !! Creo que ya he hecho todo lo que tenia que hacer, o sea que tal vez me vaya manyana a Kuala Lumpur .... mas pronto !! ya vuelvo a estar bien !!

O.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home